- Sports teams and games are part of our strong athletic program.
- Preschoolers participate in the physical education program.
- We collaborate with the University of Michigan in the “Project Healthy Bodies” program for middle school students.
- A healthy, hot lunch is served daily in the cafeteria.
Physical Education at St. Thomas is designed to promote full participation and FUN.
Lessons are designed to encourage competition with yourself, and to promote an active lifestyle beyond the students’ elementary and middle school years. Skills and games are taught that highlight good sportsmanship and the need to strive for self-improvement each day.
The philosophy and goals of the Athletic Department are as follows:
- To provide a well-planned and well-balanced program for all who desire to participate.
- To operate these athletic activities in harmony with the policies of the Michigan High School Athletic Association.
- To develop and maintain high ideals, sportsmanship and team play.
- To encourage competition not only for the tangible reward, but also for the intrinsic values that make athletic competition valuable.
- To be concerned with the total development of the student and to promote athletics as an integral part of the educational program.
girls basketball 2019 Revised 2 4