The basic learning temperament of a child at the logic stage is being able to make connections between ideas to understand the world around them. This age of child enjoys a challenge, making judgements, argumentation and debate, and looking for ways to improve things. This student enjoys showing what they know and can do, is curious about the ‘why’ of things—and wants to know ‘behind the scenes’ facts. These children can often act and speak with a misplaced confidence!
- Time lines, charts, maps, anchor charts
- Debates, persuasive reportsDrama, reenactments, role-playing
- Evaluate, critique (with guidelines)
- Formal logic
- Research projects
- Oral/written presentations
- Guest speakers & field trips