In 1868, in this building, St. Thomas School opened the doors to families in the greater Ann Arbor area. The School was staffed by Immaculate Heart of Mary Sisters from Monroe. In 2018, our school will celebrate 150 continuous years of operation as the oldest Catholic school in the Ann Arbor area and one of the oldest in the country. Over the past century and a half, thousands upon thousands of students have passed through the halls and graduated from St. Thomas the Apostle School.
We are a destination school with students come from many communities surrounding Ann Arbor. Our student population is very diverse in culture, faith and socio-economic background. St. Thomas High School (9th through 12th grade) became Fr. Gabriel Richard High School in 1977. In 2003, a new high school
building opened off campus at Dominos’s Farms. The high school continues as the only Catholic high school between metro Detroit and Jackson.
St. Thomas the Apostle School has always been focused on offering authentic and affordable Catholic education to families in the greater Ann Arbor area.