22 March, 2020
Weekly Updates: 3/23-3/27
- As we experiment with the best ways to relay information during distance learning, I have created slideshows with detailed information on each subject in attempt to make it as organized as possible. Please go to resources for each grade to access it or follow the links within each subject. If you have any questions at all, let me know!
- Thank YOU, families, for helping us make this the best it can be during this time! We appreciate any support and feedback you have.
Live Lessons This Week
- 9:00am: 2nd Grade Phonics: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/298251691
- 10:30am: 3rd Grade Phonics: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/823093575
- 11:30am: 2nd Grade Math: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/442361123
- 1:00pm: 3rd Grade Math (Monday-Wednesday): https://us04web.zoom.us/j/808743866
Assignments to Turn in
You are more than welcome to send me any/all work to give feedback, but the following list of items are the ones that I would love to get back to me! Do not worry about due dates- you may send these to me as they come, or in larger chunks. Whichever is easiest for you! I know it is a busy time, so I totally understand any issues that may come up in this process as well.
- Monday: Religion- Stained Glass Window Church (3rd grade)
- Tuesday: Religion- Memorial Acclamation poster/drawing (2nd grade)
- Wednesday: Phonics- Test 24 (2nd grade), Phonics- Quiz 14 (3rd grade,) Reading- Enrichment Activity (2nd grade),Writing- rough drafts!
- Thursday: Reading- Phone call notes with grandparents (2nd grade), Religion- optional Mission of the Apostles prompt (3rd grade), Writing- rough/final drafts, Math- Unit Test (3rd Grade)
- Friday: Science- Wheel/Axle system, Writing- final draft, optional poem recitation, Math- Fact assessment 18-1 (2nd grade), Math- benchmark (3rd grade), spelling test list 25
Additional Online Resources! Take a Peek!
- EPIC! Books: Log on with www.getepic.com/students . Our class code is mvv1046. Click on your student and get going! You can download the app for tablets and log in with our class code the same way. This is a way to have our own library at home with Ann Arbor ones are closed.
- Scholastic: Each day, Scholastic Book Club is posting fun, educational, grade-level lessons. Check out some of the activities they offer here: https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html
- Kids Discover: Follow this link: https://online.kidsdiscover.com/signup/student?cc=F2F2F7 and enter this class code: F2F2F7. You can receive access to all sorts of materials online!
Last Week of March is Reading Month
- This is the last week to enter in your Whooos Reading minutes. All reading you do for literature class counts!