Why Do We Celebrate Confirmation?
At Confirmation, the Baptized become more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. They, as witnesses of Christ, are more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed. To be confirmed means to make a “covenant” in an exchange of persons with God. In this covenant, we are given the gifts of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and fortitude, the spirit of knowledge and piety and the spirit of the fear of the Lord. The Church also speaks of the Fruits of the Spirit. These are the good things that result when we allow ourselves to be deeply guided by the Holy Spirit. The Fruits of the Holy Spirit are Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Generosity, Gentleness, Faithfulness, Modesty, Chastity and Self-Control.
Confirmation Dates 2021-2022
- Friday, February 11, 6:30-9 p.m.: Confirmation Session (parish office room 252)
- Saturday, February 19, 9 a.m.-7 p.m.: Confirmation Retreat (Our Lady of the Fields in Brighton, MI)
- Sunday, February 27, 9:30 a.m.: Rite of Enrollment (St. Thomas Church)
- Sunday in February TBA: Respect Life committee baby shower
- Friday, March 11, 6:30-9 p.m.: Confirmation Session (parish office room 252)
- Friday, March 18, 6:30-9 p.m.: Confirmation Session (parish office room 252)
- Friday, March 25, 6:30-9 p.m.: Confirmation Session (parish office room 252)
- Week Before Holy Week: Confirmation Rehearsal and Parish Reconciliation (date and time TBA)
- Tuesday, April 12, 6:30 p.m.: Confirmation Mass (St. Thomas Church)
- Sunday, April 24, Divine Mercy Sunday: Vespers and Rosary with the Dominican Sisters of Mary and Fr. Bill (time TBA)
Please contact Alisa Maile at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-353-6126 if you have any questions.